Leading Colorado and its people to an energy-efficient (EE) and renewable-energy (RE) economy through education, policy, and economic development.
The Colorado Renewable Energy Society (CRES) is dedicated to the advancement of all forms of renewable energy (RE), energy efficiency (EE), and their synergy with sustainability and economic development. Our goal is to raise awareness and provide educational activities, through all CRES chapters, to increase the adoption of existing and emerging EE/RE technologies, techniques, and policies. CRES is a statewide, non-partisan, non-profit, 501(c)3 membership organization.
- EDUCATING with monthly programs, workshops, and forums throughout Colorado.
- INFORMING through digital communications, outreach, and strategic partnerships about local, national, and worldwide EE/RE issues – including climate change mitigation.
- INSPIRING to live more sustainably, create and grow networks with grassroots methodologies.
- INTERVENING for EE/RE at the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) and supporting Colorado clean energy legislation.
- CONDUCTING events and award conferences recognizing local sustainable design and renewable energy leaders.
- ORGANIZING tours of sustainable and EE/RE homes and buildings in many Colorado communities.