Leading Colorado and its people to an energy-efficient (EE) and renewable-energy (RE) economy through education, policy, and economic development.
The Colorado Renewable Energy Society (CRES) is dedicated to the advancement of all forms of renewable energy (RE), energy efficiency (EE), and their synergy with sustainability and economic development. Our goal is to raise awareness and provide educational activities, through all CRES chapters, to increase the adoption of existing and emerging EE/RE technologies, techniques, and policies.
- Leading efforts to help Colorado communities affected by fires, floods, and other disasters rebuild sustainably
- Intervening for EE/RE at the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) and supporting EE/RE Colorado legislation
- Conducting our biannual conference with awards recognizing local sustainable design and clean energy leaders
- Organizing tours of sustainable and EE/RE homes and buildings in several Colorado communities
- Informing with digital communications, social media, and email about local, national, and worldwide EE/RE issues
- Educating with monthly programs, workshops, and forums in southern Colorado, Fort Collins, Jefferson and Boulder Counties, and Denver
CRES is a statewide, non-partisan, non-profit, 501(c)3 membership organization. We advocate the accelerated adoption of energy-efficient and renewable-energy best practices and technologies by advancing education, policy, and economic development.