Our MISSION is to lead Colorado and its people to an energy-efficient (EE) and renewable-energy (RE) economy through education, policy, and economic development.
The Colorado Renewable Energy Society (CRES) is the only Colorado membership organization dedicated to the advancement of all forms of renewable energy (RE), energy efficiency (EE), and their synergy with sustainability and economic development. We are dedicated to raising awareness and providing educational activities to increase the adoption of existing and emerging EE/RE technologies, techniques, and policies.
Recent CRES activities
- Leading efforts to help Colorado communities affected by fires, floods, and other disasters rebuild sustainably
- Intervening for EE/RE at the Public Utilities Commission and supporting EE/RE Colorado legislation
- Conducting our bi-annual conference with awards recognizing local sustainable design and clean energy leaders
- Organizing tours of sustainable and EE/RE homes and buildings in several Colorado communities
- Informing with CRES Clips email updates and CRES News quarterly newsletter about local EE/RE issues
- Presenting monthly programs, hand-on workshops, and forums in Southern Colorado, Ft. Collins, Jeffco, and Denver
Our approach is fun, casual—and serious.
CRES is a statewide, non-partisan, non-profit, 501(c)3 membership organization. We advocate the accelerated adoption of energy-efficient and renewable-energy best practices and technologies by advancing education, policy, and economic development.